Blog Outside the Bun – The Unofficial Taco Bell Blog

The Fiesta Taco Salad

The Fiesta Taco Salad is probably one of the most underestimated items on the Taco Bell menu. This item seems overlooked because many people refuse “salads” and accuse them of being healthy, bland or all around no good. The Fiesta Taco Salad is an entirely different story. Its a crispy tortilla bowl filled from bottom to top with beans, lettuce, the meat of your choice, sour cream, cheddar cheese and tomatoes. It also comes with salsa and crunchy lime-seasoned tortilla strips on the side.

The most important part of this salad is the edible bowl that holds all of the ingredients. It bears no resemblance to any of Taco Bell’s other shells, which is very important. Rather than a regular a corn bowl, the Fiesta Taco Salad has a flaky, almost buttery bowl. Without the shell, this taco salad would be mediocre at best.

Protip: If you want more of a creamy flavor, try adding Guacamole. If you’re looking for some spice, go with Jalapeño sauce.

The salsa and flavored tortilla strips make the Fiesta Taco Salad even more unique. The salsa consists of diced onions and tomato chunks and the tortilla strips have just a tinge of lime-flavoring. These both add to the overall flavor without taking away from the other ingredients.

Verdict: Despite being overlooked, the Fiesta Taco Salad is a winning item any day of the week. The flaky bowl and added salsa make this item stand out. The Fiesta Taco Salad is great if you’re looking to change things up a bit.

Category: Reviews
  • Joe says:

It’s funny that you say the salad shell bears no resemblance to any of Taco Bell’s other shells. It is made out of the exact same thing as the mexican pizza shells only from a larger circle.

September 23, 2009 at 8:32 pm
  • CrazyAmazing says:

In my experience, the Taco Salad shell is a different shell entirely. While you may be correct (or it may vary in your area), I have reason to believe that the Mexican Pizza Shell and the Fiesta Taco Salad shell are rather different. The Mexcan Pizza / Tostada shell can be seen here while the Fiesta Taco Salad shell can be seen here. I will admit that they are very similar, but I wouldn’t say they’re the same.

September 23, 2009 at 10:09 pm
  • Shelli says:

Hey,
    The picture of the Mexican Pizza and the Tostada use different shells. The mexican pizza shell is a fried flour buttery flaky thing (like a smaller version of the taco salad bowl) and the tostada shell is a corn tortilla. If your Taco Bell uses the same shell for both you are missing out. Try a different Taco Bell. That shell is what makes the mexican pizza.

January 14, 2011 at 5:34 pm
  • Shelli says:

Sorry I didn’t mean to write “picture of the”

January 14, 2011 at 5:34 pm
  • Josh Plemon says:

I really like your out of the ordinary approach to you taco bell blog, which is why I also think your title is perfectly fitting. I like how much passion and energy you put into your blog and it really shows your passion for taco bell. I have a blog myself about serious dieting on fast food, which is probably why I appreciate your work so much. I would love for you to leave me some feedback if you ever have the time. I actually just wrote an article about the Drive-Thru Diet Menu at Taco Bell and how it actually offers some great dieting material. Maybe that could make for a good article on your blog, too? Anyway I just really admire what you are doing here and I love the blog.

February 21, 2011 at 9:19 pm
  • Cass says:

I love taco salad for me it was the best salad to serve. I always look to it whenever I ‘m invited to my friends parties.
    Cass
    To visit my website, please cliquez ici.

July 13, 2012 at 8:37 am
  • Linda says:

I had my first tacos from Taco Bell back in the 70’s. It was reasonable in prices. The tacos were good. They had flavor. Approximately the same amount of meat, but there was a nice amount of lettuce, tomato, AND cheese.

Today I visited a Taco Bell that was just put into my town rather recently. After YEARS of not having Taco Bell tacos, I just had to visit. I ordered 4 crunchy taco deluxes.

I was disappointed. There was an HARDLY any lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Basically, biting into a taco shell, which by the way, 2 shells were broken up, it was the meat & shell. The sour cream was an average amount. But hardly any lettuce, tomato, and cheese.

So. unfortunately, I won’t be going back.

May 24, 2013 at 8:49 am